CATCHING UP WITH SADOLLAH

CATCHING UP WITH SADOLLAH

January 7th, 2009  |  Published in NEWS  |  19 Comments

Why do people call you “the ultimate underdog”?
Um… usually they call me Amir. Who calls me that? I don’t know if I like the alliteration.

Do you ever not want to be the underdog?
Well I always want to be fighting the toughest competition, so if I am the underdog, it’s pretty assured that I am continuing to make my way up the ladder. On the other side of that, I want to be the best fighter I can be, and part of that is winning fights that I am expected to.

Since TUF8 just wrapped up and you haven’t fought since the TUF7 finale do you worry that you’ll be forgotten?
Yeah, I’m not even really sure anyone is reading this.

How has your game evolved since winning the finale?
I’ve been exposed to trainng and competition on a completely different level than I was before the show. I had hoped to be able to test what i have learned by now, but had to push that back a bit. But soon enough I think we’ll know.

How has the postponement of the fight at UFC91 effected you?
To say it was a disappointment would be an understatement. Unfortunately it is part of the fight game. I just try to look at it as one of those things that suck, but I have no choice but to deal with, and make it a good scenario.

You were at the TUF8 finale what were your thoughts on the latest cast?
All in all I thought it was a good season. Maybe the food stuff and drama was a bit over the top, but I thought the talent was pretty good. It was no season 7, but then, they can’t all be.

You have said in your twitter that you have been sparring with Forrest and Wanderlei, if we were to ask them how you did what would they say?
Forrest would say I suck and should quit fighting and kill myself, and Wanderlei would say I’m the best, except for most of the guys he has ever trained with.

You had said in an earlier interview that one of the toughest sparring partners you have had was one of the rising stars in the SuckerPunch stable, Francois “Bang Bang” Ambang, now that you have been in the ring with some of the legends of MMA, does Francois still rank up there?
For sure, Francois is no joke, and h as all the tools and motivation to be world class.

Jeff Curran said you were very strong and had great skill on the ground when you and he rolled at his grand opening… Seriously though you looked like a giant when you grappled him, do you think you could have tapped him?
Jeff’s ground game is really slick, even being the bigger guy I couldn’t sleep on him at all. I don’t know if I could have tapped him. Wait, why? Is he calling me out? Or are you just instigating? Either way, I now change my answer to yes.

Have you decided what weight class will be your home?
Well I have always fought at 185 but everone see that is my size on this level is 170, so it would seem that is the proper wieght class for me.

Have you played with yourself… in UFC Undisputed 2009 yet?

Responses

1. Ruth Ann says:

January 7th, 2009at 2:12 pm(#)

You’re a riot!

2. taipeifan says:

January 7th, 2009at 3:47 pm(#)

Of course people read this
    Everybody looking for your fight!!

3. Jessica says:

January 7th, 2009at 7:52 pm(#)

Ruth Ann you’re a riot for saying Amir’s a riot!! Anywho, Amir, always enjoy reading your stuff, it’s funny but informative. Ready to go see you in Tampa!!

4. Paul says:

January 7th, 2009at 9:42 pm(#)

You’re a funny guy, Amir. Can’t wait to see you fight next month. Wait… What? Are you fighting next month?!?

Paul
    Champion Management

5. gby says:

January 7th, 2009at 10:37 pm(#)

HAH NEVER EVER A DULL INTERVIEW!!!!!!!! LOVED IT!!!!! PSH I CHECK DAILY THIS SITE!!!!

6. Abbas Parpia says:

January 8th, 2009at 4:55 pm(#)

I read this! Lol! I’m really looking forward to seeing you fight at UFC fight night in Tampa. I Hope you kick ass Amir!

7. Freddy C. says:

January 8th, 2009at 7:06 pm(#)

Can you post more videos of you training? Sparring and rolling? And even wrestling?

8. pradaG says:

January 8th, 2009at 7:20 pm(#)

So, when are you coming out to San Diego? I got your round of golf.

9. JessefromNYC says:

January 9th, 2009at 12:46 pm(#)

Amir, haven’t been on your website lately, so I was stooked to read your recent interview. Thank you for answering me on myspace. I am hoping to be at your fight, still gotta work out the itinerary.Did I spell that right? Anyways good luck and playing with yourself is okay and healthy, hey to each his own, LATER!

10. Razzle465 says:

January 9th, 2009at 10:50 pm(#)

Dammit. Get in the ring!
    And win!

11. Chaz says:

January 11th, 2009at 4:05 pm(#)

Just like what you said about Matt Brown vs Jeremy May on TUF7
    You will win via murder.

12. joseph hopkins says:

March 11th, 2009at 10:03 pm(#)

Hey they given you any word on when you will fight? I’m feeling not love for the richmond market from the UFC….

13. Amir says:

March 14th, 2009at 9:59 pm(#)

probably over the summer, we shall see…

14. Haggis says:

March 20th, 2009at 7:52 pm(#)

I hope you will fight soon. Has shawn tompkins been helping with the muay thai? It will be awesome to see how much you have improved.

15. Ben says:

May 11th, 2009at 7:56 am(#)

hey amir
    im ben and i live in aus
    i also fight and i think we are alot alike as in everyone underestimates me and alot of the time over looks,
    i think its only coz im there 2 train and fight, not talk about myself and show off.

watching u in TUF7 has really given me someone to look up to.
    ur my favorite fighter coz i think you remind me of my self and u make me think i can do it

16. Jes says:

May 22nd, 2009at 9:18 am(#)

Amir, I really appreciate the way you let your skills and your heart in the octagon do the talking for you. It is a breath of fresh air in the UFC. I hope the best for you.

17. Aaric Callahan says:

May 22nd, 2009at 1:08 pm(#)

Amir,

I am leaving our home of Richmond weds and will be in Vegas Weds-Monday (May twenty something to June 1st). If you want to come to the event I am working with TUFF-N-UFF I can get you a couple of tickets. Shoot me an email eric@tuffnuff.net

Andrew (Smith) says hi too.

18. corby says:

June 3rd, 2009at 11:15 pm(#)

hey man, you’re a breath of fresh air.. it’s nice to see somebody articulate who can fight. and humility is an underrated quality too. godspeed and kick their asses..! oh ya, and don’t let them give you any of that block headed shit talk about being arab (not that there’s anything wrong with that). we all know you’re persian.
    rock on
    corby.

19. max says:

November 3rd, 2009at 3:09 pm(#)

i think u can kick forrest ass …looking forward to see your next fight .

Leave a Response

My Photos

DSC00556 DSC00550 fan7 DSC00561 DSC00545 DSC00562 fan15
View more photos >

Amir Fan Box

Previous Next
Latest on Sat, 07:05

chrissy: my husband thinks you are number 1 in the ufc...good work

Hwan: Just dropped in to say few things. I always get pumped when I watch the games you fight because your style of fighting is admiring! [...]

Ardy Dubya: Amir, are you going to fight at UFC 115?? That was a rumor I read...after you obliterated Brad Blackburn...I'm looking forward to your next fight!

Dan: awsome fight

Abbas Parpia: Is it true that you're going to possibly fight Dong Hyun Kim at UFC 114?

Jen: Love the robot picture of you in the new UFC magazine!

immortal words: congrats on your win, it was aousome. althou i think u coulda finished it twice if u kept your distance & didnt take it to [...]

» GOT SOMETHING TO SAY?